Under the guidance of the Logistics Manager maintain the internal décor of Microlink to a high standard by mixing paints, matching colours, preparing surfaces, and applying paint to these surfaces including touch-ups or undertake large painting projects. General maintenance of the Microlink building and grounds.
Prepare painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, or removing old paint. Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces. Providing decorative and faux finishes as the project requires. Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner. Preparing the surrounding area by covering with clothes or plastic to prevent messes. Moving furniture and equipment as necessary to reach the entire surface of the project. Calculating the number of materials and time required for said project. Removing fixtures such as doorknobs and light switch covers. Taping off areas as needed. Choosing and purchasing paint, brushes, and other supplies from vendors. Quoting and negotiating job prices. Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures when project is complete. Ensure the external grounds are always presentable.
This role will be based inside the office at Microlink Pc in Chandlers Ford.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Outstanding Physical Dexterity
- Strong Ability to Follow Directions
- Exceptional Sense of Creativity/Ability to Climb Ladders/ Ability to Carry Heavy Equipment (Including Painting Tools and Heavy Buckets of Paint).
- Ability to Stand for Long Periods of Time
- Attention to Detail.
- Number of hours per week: 25
- Working patterns and contracted hours@ 10:00 am- 3:00pm
- Hourly rate of pay: Minimum Wage