The business case for disability inclusivity is clear; employees with disabilities bring unique perspectives, resilience and problem-solving abilities to workplaces. Just 1 in 2 people with disabilities are in work, however, compared with over 80% of the non-disabled population, representing a vast pool of untapped talent.
The current shift towards working from home and the organisational changes brought about by COVID-19 present a unique chance to overhaul workplace policy and culture to better support and include staff with disabilities. It is crucial that organisations seize this opportunity to foster greater disability-inclusivity.
At our upcoming ‘Managing Disability at Work’ event, you will foster a better understanding of disability and the steps needed to become a disability-confident employer. You will also come away with a crucial understanding of employer responsibilities as staff work remotely.
Registrations can be made online here
Get more information and the full agenda
- Trishna Bharadia, Translator and Health Advocate
- Loraine Martins, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Network Rail
- Diane Lightfoot, Chief Executive Officer, Business Disability Forum
- Fazilet Hadi, Head of Policy, Disability Rights UK
- Karen Jackson, Founder-Director, didlaw
- Kate Nash OBE, Founder & Chief Networkologist, PurpleSpace
- Nasser Siabi, Chief Executive Officer, Microlink PC
- Paul White, Chief Executive Officer, Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Scheme