We were delighted to sponsor the Civil Service Diversity and Inclusion Award 2019. This Award recognises real achievement and success at all levels of the Civil Service.
This year’s winner of Civil Service Diversity and Inclusion Award 2019 was Bristol Race Network.
The Bristol Race Network have made an outstanding contribution in championing HMRC’s ambition for a more inclusive workplace. The cross-directorate Network commenced in January 2018 and has since played a pivotal role especially when recent racial incidents were reported in HMRC in Bristol.
By engaging Network members it enabled the business contain the situation and avert damage to the Department’s reputation. The safe forum allowed discussion of common issues, provided advice and support from peers and offered insight to help senior leadership understand the issues. This was influenced and driven from our BAME members who were encouraged to speak openly about the challenges they were facing in the workplace because of their Race. Read more about their achievement
- The Citizenship Award: Mairi MacNeil
- The Collaboration Award: Offender Accommodation Pilot Project
- The Commercial Award: Voluntary Pricing and Access Scheme negotiating team
- The Communication & Engagement Award: Welsh Government: Digital Infrastructure Communications Team
- The Developing People Award: Rob Macpherson and HR’s Recruitment Team
- The Digital Award: Digital Customer Service – HM Passport Office
- The Diversity & Inclusion Award: Bristol Race Network
- The Health & Wellbeing Award: Cross Government Menopause Working Group
- The Innovation & Science Award: Troubled Families Evaluation and Policy Team
- The Inspirational Leadership Award: Paula Holbrook-Witt
- The Project Delivery Excellence Award: Marine & Fish EU Exit Programme Team
- The Public Service Award: Midlands Intake Unit
- The Resilience & Rapid Response Award: Aeronautical Rescue Coordination Centre Blue Watch
- The Rising Star Award: Cindy Kim