We are very proud to have received our two ticks disability symbol. The two ticks disability symbol is awarded by Jobcentre Plus to companies that demonstrate a commitment to recruit, retain and develop the abilities of people working with disabilities. These commitments are achieved by continuing 5 key actions:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
- To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities.
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment.
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work.
- To review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.
Microlink is a committed employer of people with disabilities and we will continue this vital action, to be part of the campaign to get rid of the false stigmas around recruiting and retaining people working with existing and/or developed disabilities in the workplace.